Expository #2: Why Valentine’s Day is Overrated

“I’m so excited for Valentine’s Day!” “I can’t wait to see what he gets me!” Many people think too highly of Valentine’s Day.

There shouldn’t just be one day where you have to show someone how much you love them or how much they mean to you. Sure, I enjoy giving and receiving candy, cards, and love on Valentine’s Day, but what about the other 364 days of the year? It’s important to do meaningful gestures of affection all year round.

Another reason is that Valentine’s Day has also become very commercial. In order to tell someone you love them, you have to buy something for them. For example, in every movie that has Valentine’s Day in it, the girl has to get showered in flowers, stuffed animals, and chocolate. Love should not be measured in how much money you spend on someone.

Valentine’s Day, even though it has become a day where you must do something very special for your loved one(s), is still a fun day to have in the end. It’s important to remember that love is more than spending money, but passion and dedication.

One thought on “Expository #2: Why Valentine’s Day is Overrated

1. Hello Vivi,

Mrs. Kriese here, your mentor for the Edublogs student blogging challenge.

I agree with the points you make in this post. What’s important is how people treat each other all year long, and sometimes the smallest of gestures can be the most meaningful. When those candy grams were delivered in my Wildcat Time, I was so glad to see that some of the kids who received many shared theirs with kids who received none. Those spontaneous acts of sharing were the real Valentine’s Day gifts.

The “About Me” page was the first challenge from Edublogs, and your page looks great. I’ll come back and visit your blog often as more challenges are issued.

🙂
    Mrs. Kriese