Media and Memory

Growing up, I just couldn’t do without my My Little Pony collection. I had all the main ponies, some play sets and movies. I remember thinking the ponies were so beautiful with their vibrantly colored bodies and luscious manes. I enjoyed practicing braiding on my ponies.

Above is a trailer of my favorite movies. I used to watch these movies all the time, knowing the lyrics to all the songs. Sometimes I still find myself singing the songs subconsciously.

Recently I saw the new version of My Little Pony on TV, and compared to the version I grew up with, they don’t even compare. They might be cuter, but not beautiful. Also, the toys don’t have real manes, just hard plastic ones that you can’t do anything with. Without my ponies, my childhood would of been so boring.

2 thoughts on “Media and Memory

1. My daughters had their My Little Pony collections, too. They were beautiful toys.

I’ve seen some of the new My Little Pony cartoons on TV thanks to my girls. I think there is some of the same sweetness to them. We all like some of the songs :- )

2. Haha! I never really knew about My Little Pony’s but you make me wish I did! I love your voice and the humor in your conclusion! Keep up the good work!