Reflection: 7th Grade

When I first arrived in August, I expected 7th grade to be more exciting than 6th grade since we got to choose our electives. I choose french, Teen Skills, Aerobics, and choir. This was also the first year I’ve taken a high school course; Algebra 1. But then I soon realized that there was a lot more homework, and it was up to you to turn in late work, and make up anything you need on your own time.
By October, I understood how to do well in 7th grade and was doing so. I had also started making lots of new friends. Compared to 6th grade, I had changed in a lot of ways. My friend group was completely different, and I was discovering more of who I was.
Eventually, I figured out that math wasn’t my strongest subject. All my life school had been a breeze, and to most people’s standards I was doing well in math, but it wasn’t good enough for me. For the first time ever I had to actually study hard a test or quiz.
In 7th grade, I learned…
• that you are responsible for you
• to always study and do your homework on time
• to have fun
As the year comes to a close, I’m trying to end with good grades and be in a good place with all my friends. Just because there’s not a lot of time left in school doesn’t mean you should start slacking.
If I had to do it again, I would do it the same way, except maybe try harder in math.
My advice to next year’s seventh graders is to not worry. You’ll find your way soon enough.